Icom IC-F2000 is a slim, compact and waterproof high quality analogue-only licensed two-way radio. Available in 3 versions (no keypad, limited keypad and full keypad) and 2 frequencies (400-470MHz and 450-520MHz). Supplied with an 8-hour battery, anntenna, belt clip and single charger.
UHF Version: Icom IC-F2000 is a UHF radio designed for indoor or outdoor use. If you intend to use the radio exclusively outdoors and never indoors, Icom makes a VHF version which will offer slightly better range called Icom IC-F1000.
Icom IC-F2000 Includes
Please note that the box contents may differ depending on model selected. But the following is the minimum that will be included with your IC-F2000 radio.
- Icom IC-F2000 Radio Itself (Select Keypad and Frequency Model)
- Icom BP-279 1485 mAh Lithium Battery
- Whip Antenna (FA-SC57U or FA-SC72U, depends on band)
- Icom MB-133 Belt Clip
- Icom BC-213 Single Charger (and Icom BC-123SV Power Supply)
- Basic (Very Basic) User Guide
Also see: Icom IC-F2000 Accessories
Icom IC-F2000 Features
There is absolutely no question that the IC-F2000 is the most feature-rich analogue two-way radio on the market today!
- 400–470 (UHF) & 450–520 (UHF2) MHz Versions
- 1500 mW large volume audio from Icom custom speaker
- Improved sound clarity
- Compact (52.2 × 111.8 × 24.5 mm; 2.1 × 4.4 × 1.0 in)
- lightweight (240 g; 8.5 oz with BP-279)
- IP67 waterproof and dust-tight protection
- Tested to 12 categories of MIL-STD-810-G environmental tests
- DTMF autodial memories
- 16-position rotary selector
- ON/OFF / Volume knob
- “Shift key” function increases number of programmable key assignments
- 8-14 hours of operating time with supplied BP-279 battery pack
- Eight character alphanumeric display (Limited & Full Keypad Versions)
- Three color LED
- Enhanced Emergency Safety with Built-in Motion/Stationary Detection Sensor
- 16 Channels (No Keypad Version)
- 128 Channels, Eight Zones (Limited & Full Keypad Versions)
- Built-in 2-Tone, 5-Tone, CTCSS and DTCS
- MDC and BIIS Compatible
- 16-Code Inversion Voice Scrambler
- Man Down and Lone Worker Functions
- Channel Announcement
- 16-code inversion voice scrambler
- Radio Stun/Revive/Kill commands (2-Tone and 5-Tone, RX only)
- Radio Stun/Revive commands (MDC, RX only)
- Auto TX function (2-Tone and 5-Tone)
- MDC emergency call with open microphone function (MDC, RX only)
- Man down function
- Lone worker function
- Motion and stationary detection function
- Surveillance function temporarily turns OFF the beep and LED indicator
- Power ON password (for the simple type and 10-key type)
- Emergency key for emergency call
- CTCSS and DTCS tone
- 2-Tone and 5-Tone
- MDC PTT ID, Emergency (TX/RX), Radio Check (RX), Stun (RX), Revive (RX)
- Up to 100 ID numbers and names can be saved to show the alias name, instead of the ID number
- BIIS PTT ID transmission
- Priority scan monitors one or two priority channels while scanning non-priority channels
- Mode dependent scan automatically changes the scan list according to the operating channel
- Power ON scan function
- Talk back timer
- Channel announcement function
- VOX function for hands-free operation
- Audio compander
- Siren sound for security alarm
Icom IC-F2000 Model Table
The IC-F2000 is available in 3 versions (no keypad, limited keypad and full keypad) and 2 frequencies (400-470MHz and 450-520MHz). See the IC-F2000 model chart below.
The Icom IC-F2000 is supplied un-programmed as standard. It’s kind of like a computer without an operating system. It just wouldn’t work. But don’t worry… we can program the IC-F2000 as follows:
- To match your ACMA licence as a new fleet: If you’ve bought an ACMA licence recently and don’t have any radios, we can program your new fleet to the frequency the ACMA has assigned you.
- To match your existing radios: Assuming you have an ACMA licence for your existing radios, we can program your new IC-F2000 to match your existing radios.
- Completely Customized Programming: This option covers everything else. Why not call us to discuss your programming requirements.
UHF CB Not Available On This Radio: The Icom IC-F2000 can not be programmed to UHF CB channels as it’s not type approved. If you would like a UHF-CB compatible IC-F2000-series radio, see Icom IC-41PRO (which is almost the same as an IC-F2000T but pre-programmed and locked to UHF CB channels).
Do you need an ACMA licence? Contact us for further information and advice on ACMA licensing.
Do you want to program yourself? You can. Icom IC-F2000, like almost all two-way radios, has some optional programming software and a programming cable that can be purchased for a small additional fee.