Motorola DEP450 is a simple and affordable portable digital two-way radio that is available with or without single charger. Coined as the replacement for the Motorola GP328 (the world’s most popular two-way radio) for all basic radio users, the DEP450 delivers clarity and reliability coupled with the additional benefit of digital technology.
Motorola DEP450 Includes
- Motorola DEP450 UHF2 450-527 MHz Two Way Radio
- Motorola NNTN4497 Battery
- Motorola PMAE4016 Antenna
- Motorola RLN5644 Belt Clip
Note: The Motorola DEP450 charger Is optional when ordering
Motorola DEP450 Charging Options
When purchasing the Motorola DEP450, you can chose to buy the radio with a single charger. However, if you are planning on buying a Motorola PMLN6589 6-way charger, you can chose to buy the DEP450 without a single charger.
It’s important to note that if you do need a single charger, it’s much cheaper to buy a single charger with the Motorola DEP450 as it’s more expensive to buy a Motorola DEP450 single charger at a later date.
Earpiece, Headset, Microphone Options
The Motorola DEP450 is able to be used with an earpiece, headset or remote speaker microphone. The DEP450 has the M1 2-pin accessory connector meaning that all audio accessories are very cost-effective. Radiotronics offers both genuine Motorola and aftermarket audio accessories.
- Analogue & Digital: Get all the benefits of digital, including better voice quality, better range and better battery life. However, the Motorola DEP450 can also operate in analogue mode meaning you can retain compatibility with your existing radio fleet.
- Transmit Interrupt Capability (decode only): Enables a supervisor to interrupt a DEP 450 user to deliver critical communication exactly when and where it’s needed.
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode: The incredible power of 2-slot TDMA DMR, the DEP450 allows you to double your capacity. You can now have 2 DMR channels per every 12.5 kHz frequency/channel – and you don’t need a repeater to achieve this.
- IP54 Rated: Dust-resistant and water-resistant, so you can work with confidence in partially dusty or wet environments.
Motorola DEP450 Programming
If you already have an ACMA licence, Radiotronics can supply the Motorola DEP450 programmed for you to use right out of the box. However, there are some features which might require require additional programming. If you would prefer, you can program the your radio yourself using the optional programming software.
Whichever you choose, programming is always FREE from Radiotronics.
Motorola DEP450 is compatible with both MOTOTRBO 2.0 CPS or Radio Management Software. The simplest programming solution is MOTOTRBO 2.0 CPS. However, if you’re feeling more daring or you have a larger fleet, you can use the Motorola Solutions MOTOTRBO Radio Management software which enables radios to be programmed in batches to a standardised template.
You will also need a programming cable: