The new IMPRES six-way multi-unit charger offers a smaller and lighter platform with integrated programming and fleet management features for all current and future radio families across MOTOTRBO and TETRA. This new series of multi-unit chargers allows up to 6 radios or batteries to be charged simultaneously as well as supports integrated data upload to an IMPRES Battery Fleet Management System without the need for a separate CIU (Charging Interface Unit).
Additional new features include:
- Two display modes for enhanced display data capabilities
- Set up mode enables the user to customise the charger for their specific use (battery storage mode, enabling/disabling calibration or reconditioning, display format selection, power saver selection)
- Diagnostic mode enables the charger to read IMPRES battery data similar to the IMPRES battery reader (date of first use, number of charge cycles and capacity details)
- Battery analyser mode (for example end of service life)
- One combined model offering single display scalable to 6-unit display via software upgrade
- Preparing Lithium-Ion batteries for shipment
- Long-term battery storage
In order to comply with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) regulation stating that lithium ion cells and batteries must be offered for transport at a State of Charge (SoC) not exceeding 30% of their rated design capacity, the charger sets the State of Charge of the battery to a low value (typically 25% of rated capacity) permitting for bulk air cargo shipment.
The new multi-unit charger can also be set for long-term storage enabling the IMPRES battery to reach a State of Charge suitable for storage for a long period of time in an environmentally-controlled storage location or facility. Using the display, a series of options allows choosing a default of 50% of rated capacity or customizing the values required based on what is stored in the battery memory. Long-term storage at 75% rated capacity is also available for scenarios requiring the stored battery to be at a higher SoC, minimizing full-charge time if the battery must be quickly fielded.
- Weight: 3.9 Kg
- Dimensions: 445 x 170 x 116 mm (L x W x H)
- Chemistry: Ni-MH, Li-Ion
- Technology: IMPRES & IMPRES 2
- Power Source: 120-240 VAC (auto-select, via PSU)
- Number of Charge Slots: 6
- Number of Displays: 1 (future feature: scalable to 6-unit display via software upgrade)